Friday 1 May 2015

The Logitech Z-623, a 2.1 THX Certified speaker system review

Being an owner of the Logitech Z-623 for 3 years now, I've finally decided to share my personal experience using this speaker set (almost on a daily basis) and do an accurate, true and 'meaningful' review...

My background


As an audiophile :) , I have enjoyed listening to music ever since I can remember as a kid. Of course, having fun and experimenting with different home-theater sound setups and computer speakers - or any sound equipment, this became my personal hobby. From a young age I was analytical and would be fascinated by how music could be reproduced so different and uniquely through every speaker set, especially 'feeling' the bass more than hearing it while listening to music or watching an action-filled film!

My experience with the Logitech Z-623


Having bought the speaker set with my savings, at a very reasonable price back in 2011 (when they were just released) I have enjoyed them ever since, with use on my PC for listening to music mostly but also for gaming and watching movies. This was a true investment and value for my money! Logitech's engineers surely did succeed in making their new top of the line 2.1 computer speaker system, which I can certainly crown 'The Best', compared to it's competitors like Corsair, Bose, and Creative, since the Z-623 is the only speaker set that has THX certification among its rivals. The Z-623 produces an astonishing 200W of RMS rated power too!


The Satellites 


Image result for Logitech Z623 satellitesThe powerful satellites (rated at 35W RMS each) respond exceptionally well with all High frequencies (treble) and there is little to no distortion at fairly high volumes with vocals across all music platforms. On the right Satellite you have your main controls, this being the Power on/off button, volume knob and bass knob to adjust the amount of bass you require to meet your own preference. On the right satellite you will also find a built-in headphone jack for when you want to listen to your music privately and also an auxiliary input to change your external source of music on the fly!(while simultaneously having the speaker set plugged into your PC) 

The Subwoofer


http://www2.pcmag.com/media/images/233037-logitech-z623-subwoofer.jpg
What would sound be without bass? Well that's what this beastly 130W RMS rated sub is for! It measures 7 inches in diameter and is situated in a ported enclosure for loud, punchy but also deep base, that reproduces low frequencies with a smile at high volumes. Behind the enclosure you will find your RCA inputs, the 3.5mm jack (the standard connection to your computer), the left and right satellite speaker output ports and of course, the port for the power supply of the system. This subwoofer has the power to make my windows rattle and cupboards in my room shake when playing music!



Verdict

Throughout my 3 years of using this system, and pushing it to the limit, my Logitech-Z623 still perseveres and provides me with audiophile quality sound and window-vibrating bass for me to enjoy on my personal computer at anytime, in the comfort of my own room!

If you would like to enjoy purely supreme audio sound quality, look no further and buy this speaker set for your next upgrade. I highly recommend this product to any audiophile out there!


1 comment:

  1. Where Can Buy Best Logitech Speaker in Uae, Logitech MX Sound 2.0 Speaker in Uae, Logitech Premium Bluetooth Speaker in Uae
    https://gccgamers.com/accessories/speakers-142/logitech-mx-sound-2-0-premium-bluetooth-speaker-black-980-001283.html

    ReplyDelete